Why your privacy matters to us?
We collect a variety of information from visitors to our website, www.carepilot.com.au (and any successor site and/or related software including any mobile applications, (CarePilot) some of which can be confidential. This document explains the types of information we collect and what we do with that information (among other things).
What kind of information do we collect?
The information we collect from you when you visit CarePilot depends on the tasks you complete and the services we provide. We provide coordinated in-home care services, technology and related products, including through our online platform CarePilot for people with home support needs, their families and personal carers (Services). We only collect personal information that is necessary to assist us in providing the Services. We collect personal information such as name, phone numbers, address, email address, payment details, employer details and country of residence.
The personal information we collect will also includes sensitive information. “Sensitive information” is information or an opinion about matters such as your health information, racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual preferences, or criminal record.
Sensitive information about you is only collected with your consent and if it is necessary for or directly related to our functions or activities, except if we are otherwise required or permitted by law to collect, use or disclose it.
In certain circumstances, we may be required or permitted by law, court or tribunal order to collect certain personal information about you.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information, but if you do not provide us with the personal information that we need, we may not be able to provide the Services or assistance to you or on your behalf.
If we receive personal information that we have not requested (unsolicited personal information) we will, unless otherwise required or permitted by law, delete or destroy it as soon as possible after receiving it.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you use our Services (including the services of our third party suppliers) and when you visit and interact with CarePilot;
- when we propose or discuss providing Services or are providing Services;
- when you apply for a job with us or express interest in employment or providing services to us;
- when you make a payment of any tax invoices we issue; and
- when you contact and interact with us independently of CarePilot, such as by email, phone or in person.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect your personal information so that we can provide you with the products and Services you are seeking from us.
We may use your personal information:
- to establish, maintain, customise and administer your account, care and/or the Services (including the services of our third party suppliers) that are, or are proposed to be, provided to you;
- to verify you;
- to process payments in respect of Services (including the services of our third party suppliers) provided to you;
- for regulatory reporting and compliance purposes;
- to send you service or promotional communications, including newsletters, surveys and information about security updates, or information that is related to you as our client or user of CarePilot;
- to create or distribute advertising material that is relevant to you;
- to conduct verifications of profiles and products, check your credentials, monitor and report as permitted or under any applicable laws;
- for quality assurance and training purposes; and
- for any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information.
Personal information that we collect is not traded, sold, leased or rented.
You consent to us using and disclosing your personal information in any manner that could reasonably be contemplated by this privacy statement, our terms and conditions or users of CarePilot generally.
When might we disclose your personal information?
Any personal information provided to us may be disclosed, if appropriate, to other entities in order to facilitate the purpose for which the information was collected. Such entities generally include:
- third party suppliers for the purpose of enabling them to provide a service such as (but not limited to) payroll, superannuation administration, IT suppliers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers; marketing or advertising providers;
- third party health care providers or practitioners, and providers of home care services and assistive technologies;
- any applicable or relevant regulator or third party for the purpose of legislative or contractual compliance and/or reporting;
- any of our related entities; or
- other entities if you have given your express consent.
Disclosure of personal information overseas
Do we use personal information for direct marketing?
From time to time, we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these services and how they may benefit you. We will generally only do this with your prior consent (where practical) and we will always give you a choice to opt out of receiving such information in future.
Direct Marketing from us or in connection with CarePilot generally takes the form of newsletters, emails or telephone calls.
Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by us will include a means by which you may unsubscribe (or opt out) of receiving further marketing information. You may also instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. Requests should be directed to us via the channels provided under 'Contact us' below.
Links to third party websites
Personal information about employees or job applicants
We may also collect personal information from you if you apply for a job with and/or become employed by us. In these circumstances:
- you authorise us to collect any personal information (whether written or verbal) from any referee or previous employer specified in your application for employment or curriculum vitae for evaluation of your application for employment and to hold such information on your personal file for future evaluation of your employment by us; and
- you acknowledge that your personal information is collected for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment by us and, should you accept employment with us, the assessment of your continued employment by us and the administration by us of your remuneration and any PAYE obligations; and
- you acknowledge that a failure by you to provide the requested personal information will have a detrimental effect on our ability to give your application proper consideration. You can request to access and/or correct your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Accessing your personal information held by Us
You may access personal information we otherwise hold about you, subject to a small number of legal restrictions or exemptions. Where such restrictions or exemptions exist we will advise you of those reasons at the time of your request.
While we do not charge you for a request for accessing your personal information, you should be aware that we may charge a reasonable fee (which will be notified to you once you make a request) for time and cost in the following circumstances:
- if an extended amount of time is required to collate and prepare material for you; and
- if you wish to have your files photocopied for you.
How can you correct and update your information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information by maintaining and updating your profile.
Please contact us using the contact details below as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date so that we can update your file accordingly.
Storage and security
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. When the information is no longer needed for any purpose for which it was collected, used or disclosed, it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified.
We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including by implementing security procedures for access to our business premises and within our offices, as well as IT security procedures including password protection, firewalls and site monitoring.
Although we aim to create a safe, secure environment by trying to limit access to our website to legitimate users, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised parties will not gain access. We will not have any liability arising from any unauthorised access to your personal information.
Please contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account by anyone else or any other breach of security.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Contacting us and complaints
If you have any queries regarding privacy, whether that be in relation to this statement or arising out of your use of the site, you can contact us in any of the following ways:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to us at:The Privacy Officer
151 Belmore Road
You will need to provide us with sufficient details regarding your complaint together with any supporting evidence.
The Privacy Officer will investigate the issue and determine the steps (if any) that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
If you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via: www.oaic.gov.au.
Need more information on privacy?
For more general information regarding privacy in Australia, visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: www.oaic.gov.au.